That’s one of my favorite movies. It’s one of those movies that I can watch everyday and never get tired of its humor. Young Matthew McConaughey makes it more enjoyable too. You are probably wondering where this is going and why I’m ranting about this movie..well honestly, it has nothing to do with anything! I’m sitting here trying to think about how I could explain what I’m feeling right now. Dazed and confused is all that came to mind. These past two weeks of school have been so packed it’s ridiculous. A little overwhelming if you ask me. My days consist of letters, lines, grids, graphite, film, geography, vegetarian meals, and little sleep. I have nothing against any of those things, but sister is need of a solid 8 hours of sleep and grilled chicken. Honestly, I’m probably lacking essential vitamins. I always feel tired and drained. That causes me to drink coffee then crash. You know that cycle. It’s a beautiful thing.
Here’s a glimpse of what we’ve been eating:
YUMMMMM. Sweet potatoes, purple onions, cilantro, chick peas, brown rice, teriyaki sauce, cumin, and other yummy spices
Guess who fell down a few stairs..that’s right. Soak it in, it’s me.
I hate that i’ve been absent on my blog, but by the time I get a break it’s time for bed. Enough with all this venting, here is some good news>>
- I received my first film camera in the mail! It’s a Canon AE-1 with a 50mm lens kit. I can’t wait to learn all the development processes for film. Right now the class is a little boring because we are going over basic photo vocabulary, but it will get better! My instructor is super talented, check out her work here
- I am co-leading a Bible study on Wednesdays. I am thrilled to be able to minister to those girls.
- I’m almost done with my graphic abstraction homework, but I still have two more drawings to do. My eyes are on the prize. What’s the prize you ask? REST
- I’m steadily booking shoots for the next few months. I am so excited to be stepping forward with my business. It’s been three years since I started, it’s time to get serious:)
- Our apartment is looking better and better each day! I’ve been forgetting to take pictures for you guys, but just bear with me! I promise i’ll post about it soon.
- I’ve been meeting a lot of great connection in the design world. Things are looking up!
A picture after me and the fella’s date Friday night. Sweet background right?
To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. Isaiah 40: 25-26
I encourage you to read the whole passage of Isaiah 40:12-28. It is truly an amazing glimpse at who God is and how powerful He is.