This is so unrelated to anybody reading this but me. I have a list of words that I absolutely love! They bring joy to me right along with eagerness. You’ll see what I mean when I lay them out. Along with the words, I throw in some of my favorite phrases. Maybe this will help you understand why I say some of the words I say:D haha or maybe this will make me look just as strange as before–possibly more.
- I can’t recall when I started to really like this word. To me, it is such an intense, demanding, can’t say no if you wanted to kind of verb. When a person says “I am compelled (dot dot dot)” It means they are obviously serious about something or they just don’t understand the meaning of compel!
- I am compelled to serve overseas
- Oh this word doesn’t even need a reason why it’s so good. Anytime I hear this word, I know someone has deep feelings or emotions for some thing or someone. Oh and look! I see compelling in the definition. BAM two favorite words in one, whattup. Passion can be used for a love of a person or hobby or talent or God, so don’t assume it’s just used erotically.
- I have a passion for photography and Africa <– you may be thinking eh random! But one day you’ll see!!
1.odd or out-of-place
- You see..maybe I use this word too much, at least Emily says so, but I think it is hilarious! I looked in up in the Webster dictionary and there was no sketchy to be found..I find that pretty sketchy. So I tried to make up my definition to the word, which doesn’t give it much justice–soooo I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary, of course they would have it:
- 1) someone or something that just isn’t right.
2) something unsafe
3) someone or something that gives off a bad feeling
“That person following us down this dark, wet alley is really sketchy.”
“Why are we in this dark, wet alley?”
“I dunno, this is so sketch!”
(sketch is the short-hand version of sketchy..works both ways!)
there ya go, that is the proper definition for sketchy
- This is another fun word I overuse. I think a funny word to say. I always drag out the “cl-eeeaaarr-ly” when I use it…makes for dramatic dialogue. I use it when I am re-stating something that was obvious or in a sarcastic tone. It replaces the words “duh!” and “riiggghhtt”
- Clearly, I love LSU football!
1: “I’m on a new diet”
“Awake, Oh sleeper”– Okay, I absolutely LOVE this phrase from Ephesian 5:14. It is very poetic and bold. God is telling us to awake! quit fooling ourselves. Rise up from the dead/sleep/slumber and serve him. It’s top 5 of my favorite verses for sure!
- “This is why it is said: ‘Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you’.”
“Consuming Fire”- I love any verse in the Bible referring to God as a consuming fire. Man oh man, this is such a bold statement. As Christians, we should want to be consumed by God. I know I want my soul on fire for him. Never burning out or diminishing. A consuming fire burns everything in its path. No part of the land survives from the fire, but out of the fire new growth comes. God wants to consume our lives and take out all of the baggage we hold on to and carry around with us. He wants us to be on fire for him.
- “for our ‘God is a consuming fire’.”-Hebrews 12:29
“Jealous God”- I don’t know what got me so infatuated with this phrase but I can’t get enough of it. To know that God is jealous for me really rocks my world. He is jealous for each person and wants us to be his. I mean he created us! Imagine the hurt and pain he feels when one of us turns away from him. It’s heartbreaking. Don’t think of jealous as a negative thing..think of it being more like zealous. He is eager for us!
- (Deuteronomy 4:24 ) “For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.”
“Covered by His blood”- This phrase presents the most beautiful mental image to me. Don’t think I am a freak for imagine Christ’s blood engulfing me..but that is what I picture. Christ died for the sins of the world and his blood covers us once we accept him as Savior and live a life for me. God sees his sons blood covering us. When we repent of our sins, he no longer sees us as unclean, but instead he sees the blood of his son. Wow
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.” Isaiah 53:5
- “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace..” Ephesians 1:7
Clearrrrly, this was a long post, but I hope you enjoyed it. I may have been a little sketchy at times, but I felt compelled to share with you the words I’m passionate for. :D I tried
Happy Happy Happy Friday!!!